Pune city and surrounding area has around 550 slums, which has brought a kind of ugliness. BJP government of Devendra Fadanavis brought some flexibility in the rules of Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA). Slum dwellers are being given permanent houses through Pantpradhan Aawas Yojana and SRA
- Tree plantation on hills and open spaces.
- Separate development plan to protect environment at Pahcngao-Parvati forest area.
- Separate plan to protect and develop 750 acres forest zone.
- Use of non-conventional energy as eco-friendly means and also to meet increasing demand for power.
Benefits of the scheme
- Air pollution level will be reduced because of massive tree plantation.
- People and tourists visiting Panchgaon-Parvarti forest will get various facilities.
- Successful projects like Nisarg Parichay Kendra, which will awaken the people.
- Use of solar energy will bring down demand for power and help to reduce pollution.